No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. — Aesop
Make 2019 Your Year to Volunteer!
Volunteers of America Northern New England welcomes people who want to improve the lives of others. As volunteers, you positively impact the lives of those living in Maine and New Hampshire every year. Thank you for donating your time, your talents, and your skills to bettering the lives of the most vulnerable living in our communities.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- May 16th - United Way of Greater Portland Day of Action at Bayview Heights
- May 17th - United Way of Eastern Maine at the Country Villa
- June 5th - United Way of York County Day of Caring at the Paul Hazelton House
Volunteers provide many different activities to programs, including:
Senior Housing (Statewide)
- Preparing community meals
- Landscaping and gardening
- Singing or playing an instrument
- Games and activities
- Spending time with residents
- Teaching residents use of computers and internet
Maine Coastal Regional Reentry Center (Belfast)
- Teaching computer skills
Veterans Services (Saco, Biddeford, Augusta)
The veterans we serve have experienced homelessness and benefit greatly from contact with caring neighbors. Contact us for details on how you can volunteer.
Maintenance Team (Statewide)
Licensed, professional electricians, plumbers and carpenters are always welcome to volunteer and provided valuable assistance within their trade.
If you would like more information about volunteer opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-373-1140.