Looking to make a difference in the lives of others?
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of others?
Are you compassionate and want to feel good about what you do? Does working for an organization that invests in its employees matter to you?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, employment with Volunteers of America Northern New England may be the right fit for you. For years, Volunteers of America has been at the forefront of the human services industry. We consciously and consistently go wherever we are needed in order to help the most vulnerable among us. Our employees are caring individuals who work hard to help others, and we’re looking to add to our team.
Our Intensive Residential Treatment Program in Biddeford is currently looking for several full-time Residential Counselors. RC’s will work 1:1 with clients in the behavioral health field. This program is intended to meet the needs of individuals who have not been able to experience success living in the community.
Starting pay at $13-$14/hour, depending on experience. New Residential Counselors at our IRT South program are eligible for a $300 bonus at 3-months employment AND another $300 bonus at 6-months employment.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide for the care and supervision of clients while assisting and supervising activities of daily living (e.g. cooking, personal hygiene, transportation). This will include hands-on personal care.
- Provide reinforcement of counseling and therapy activities.
- Assist with medications, including preparing, dispersing and recording medication in accordance with Maine DHHS Assisting Living regulations.
- Handle crisis situations when necessary as appropriate, which may include contacting the on-call person and/or taking or getting the client to the emergency room or crisis program.
- Complete all necessary and required documentation, such as of client rehabilitation goals and advise supervisor of any special needs or emergencies and recommend follow-up.
- Assist in securing and providing transportation as needed. This will include transporting clients using your vehicle.
We’re looking for trustworthy, motivated individuals who can work independently and possess excellent communication skills. A High School diploma is required. As transportation is an essential job duty of this position, we also ask all Residential Counselors to possess a valid Maine driver’s license, a reliable vehicle and at least 3 years of driving experience.
Residential Counselors at our IRT South location work either Tuesdays-Saturdays or Sundays-Thursdays. Shifts are 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, and 11pm-7am. Please specify which shift(s) and schedule(s) you’re interested in when applying.
Volunteers of America NNE offers an excellent benefits package to all full-time employees. This includes Medical, Dental, 403(b), Life, AD&D, Long-term and Short-term disability insurance. We also offer 7 observed holidays each year, with an excellent PTO accrual package to include 5 ‘floating’ holidays.
We are excited to hear from you. Please submit your resume and shift/schedule preference to firstname.lastname@example.org.