Adult Community Corrections Programs
Adult Community Corrections Programs work with adult offenders and assist them to focus on their behaviors that are causing them to reoffend. We work with people who are being detained prior to trial and after trial to supervise them in a community setting.
We offer these programs in the following counties of Maine:
- Lincoln County
- Penobscot County
- Sagadahoc County
- Waldo County
With court approval and county sheriff permission, Volunteers of America Northern New England operates the following programs which redirect offender behavior and support community safety:
- Pretrial Program: While awaiting trial in the community, defendents are supervised and referred to programs which reduce their likelihood of reoffending and improve their compliance with judicial mandates.
- Day Reporting: Community supervision and treatment of defendents with the goal of reducing recidivism.
- Operating Under Influence (OUI): An alternative sentencing program for first time offenders
- Multiple Offenders Program (MOP): An alternative sentencing program for second and third offenders.
- Batterers Intervention Program: A mandated program for men who want to address and change their patterns of abusive behavior.