Northern New England Job Opportunities
Current Job Opportunities:
- Maintenance Specialist, Portland Area, (Part-time 16 hours/week) (more>)
- Residential Counselor, Behavioral Health, Biddeford, (Part-time, 24 hours/week) (more>)
- Residential Counselors, Brackett Street, Portland, (Full-time 40 hours/week; 32 hours/week, awake overnight) (more>)
Chief Operations Officer (Southern Maine)
If you are an experienced and compassionate non-profit leader who understands that the needs of clients and the agency are a top priority, you may be interested in our mission critical role at Volunteers of America Northern New England.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the COO is a strategic thinker responsible for managing all programs and services, business development, facility management, information technology and related activities at the VOA. The successful candidate will have superior project management and budget management skills with a high level of expertise compiling complex information into quality business reports inclusive of metrics/scorecards. Additionally, the COO must possess an ability to embrace change management, engage in constructive/productive dialogue and be creative and proactive in the business development arena.
Master’s degree in a social science or administration and ten years of transferable experience or a relevant bachelor’s degree and fifteen years of transferable, executive level experience. Demonstrated ability to manage large, multiple departments with major budget responsibility. In addition, it requires high levels of skills in the following areas: the design, operational oversight and evaluation of program services, excellent problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills, superior management skills, strategic planning, personnel leadership and management, budget development and control, property management, information technology, business development to include Behavioral Health business development and expansion, and government relations.
This position is based in Brunswick, Bangor or Saco, Maine – with travel throughout Northern New England.
Send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements before April 4, 2015 to:
Natalie S Jones, SPHR
Drake Inglesi Milardo, Inc.
50 Portland Pier, Suite 300
Portland, ME 04101
HOW TO APPLY:
Online submission is our preferred method of receiving resumes. If you must submit a hard copy of your resume, please indicate the position you are applying for and send to:
Fax: (207) 373-1160
Mail: Volunteers of America
Attn: Human Resources
14 Maine St., Ste 301
Brunswick, ME 04011
- Please note that we only consider resumes that are sent to us in direct response to an actual posting. All unsolicited resumes will be discarded upon receipt.
- In general, positions that appear in "Northern New England Job Opportunities" are open and active, even though the interview process may have begun.
- If you do not see a particular position, it has been filled or we are no longer seeking candidates for that position.